I just wanted to share with you guys today my little inclusion in the latest Yarnwise Magazine!
My Bearded Viking Helmet was included in their Indie Patterns section with some fabulous company and I am totally thrilled!
I haven’t been able to find a copy of the magazine in my new state, but if you’ve seen it check out pages 56 and 57 to see some Strange Knits.
Yarnwise is a UK based magazine, but even if you’re in the states that can be found in some retailers that sell magazines along with Twitter and Facebook.
Skeins used during the trip: 2
Skeins added to stash: 15
Experiences had (not counting classes)
For Next Time:
- Bigger spending budget
- Bigger suitcase
I colored it myself!
- Something handknit to wear everyday – Can you believe I only brought two sweaters? (Really? What was I thinking?)
- Something to show off in the student show
- The juevos to show something off in the student show
- Cute pajamas for the pj party
some class materials
Classes I took
- Where do they get those numbers? – Edie Eckman
- How to say it: technical writing – Edie Eckman
- Art of knitting backwards – Candace Eisner Strick
- More than one way to skin a sweater – Jolie Elder
- Join as you go knitting – Lily Chin
One of my favorites from the fashion show
What I came home with (not even including what my momma came home with)
- 3 skeins Malabrigo worsted and a corresponding hat, scarf and mittens pattern set (I’ve never worked with Malabrigo before, these are my first skeins!!)
- 2 skeins Malabrigo lace – to match with my Paris yarn
- 10 yds sample skein from Miss Babs
- 1 yarn caddy from Purty Thangs – won during dinner after the fashion show
- 10 skeins elsbeth lavold silky wool in taupe – for a new design coming this fall
- 65 pictures – should’ve taken more
- 6 business cards – handed out 4 of my own (again, should’ve handed out more)
- 14,578 new ideas
one of the many booths in the marketplace
There will be a more comprehensive post on the yarn this week sometime (or maybe next if I get too busy).
Bottom line: I will be going to another Stitches event and more knitting weekends/retreats/conventions in general and I think you should too.
Posted in My Adventures
Tagged adventure, anna zilboorg, atlanta, candace eisner strick, edie eckman, eslbeth lavold, georgia, jolie elder, knitters, knitters universe, lily chin, magazine, malabrigo, margaret fisher, miss babs, missbabs, silky wool, stitches south, stitches south 2011, stitchessouth, trip, wool, xrx