It’s about time, right?! The yellow sweater was finally finished, the night before I left for Rhinebeck, ends were woven in during my delayed layover in Dulles and it was “steam blocked” by hanging in the bathroom whilst I showered.
Freshygot the best pictures of it, for sure:
Wanna hear the story about how the sweater actually got finished? Of course you do.
1. The sweater was begunand most of it was knit in a 3-day period leaving me unable to move my wrist and wearing a brace
2. The rest of it was slowly added over the course of a few weeks and sleeves were a topic of concern
3. When I finally decided to do full length sleeves, I ran out of yarn (as was the concern above)
4. The night before I left for New York I sat and Skyped with my sweater in my lap, unraveling the bottom edging while also knitting this unraveled yarn straight to the sleeve, the two were connected and more yarn unraveled as more sleeve was added
5. After the sleeves were an acceptable length, I had to go back and re-bind-off the bottom border, which required more tinking
6. I still ran out of yarn 7 stitches from the end and decided that in order for my sanity to stay right where it was (which may or may not be questionable in the first place) I would just use the closest matching yellow yarn from my stash for the last inch of bind off.
7. The sweater was finished. And worn. And it is glorious.
A pattern may be in the works if there’s interest, trust me, it’s warm and cozy and soft and a great addition to my collection.