The Happenings of Moving to a New City:
- Leave the house on an errand run thinking “Ok, I’m gonna go explore and learn my new place!” but only getting exactly what you need from the store then rushing home because you don’t know where you are.
- Take the dog for a walk around the block, making the walk short by taking all of the lefts because you don’t want to get lost.
- Run errands to places you know how to get to but miss turns and take it as an opportunity to learn the neighborhood, because, Hey, you live here now and might as well learn the neighborhoods.
- Spend at least twice as long (possibly three or four times) in the grocery store as normal trying to find your basic staples because you aren’t familiar with this one.
- Take time to look at all of the architecture around and spend more time looking up than you normally spend because right now, it’s novel.
Have you moved recently? I find that, even though I travel quite a bit, moving still pulls out different actions and mental processes in me than just visiting a place does.