That orange sweater, folks, is finally off my needles for good!
After all that heartbreak and hassle (and fire), this sweater is finished and its beautiful. I think the open front is going to take a little getting used to because all of my other cardigans (store-bought and hand-made) close in the front but I do love the way this one looks.
I did make quite a few mods:
- made the size M with extra stitches that I had hoped would give me more front coverage – that didn’t quite work, I think my gauge swatch lied or something
- I worked the front band ribbing before the sleeves because I was worried I’d run out of yarn (that didn’t even come close to happening, I have tons of yarn left)
- I added more pattern repeats to the back to make sure it was long enough since it looked a tad short after my first attempt.